Useful Sustainability and Climate Programs
MMC provides a range of programs, tools, and resources for sustainability and climate change program advancement
- Greenest Region Compact: sustainability planning program for municipalities covering climate, energy, land, mobility, water, waste and more, including useful tool for developing sustainability plans called the GRC Framework and Municipal GRC Resolution for establishing local leadership commitments.
- SolSmart US Department of Energy (US DOE) program, managed in Illinois by the Metropolitan Mayors Caucus SolSmart program, to assist municipalities in streamlining and rolling out solar PV programs
- Climate Action Plan (CAP) for the Chicago Region: program to assist municipalities in planning, taking actions and applying measures for Climate Change – related to strategies to mitigate and adapt to the impacts of Climate Change. Includes Municipal CAP Resolution for establishing local leadership commitments.
- EV Ready Program: program to assist municipalities in defining and deploying municipal programs for zoning, permitting, inspection, utility and public engagement, as related to Electric Vehicles and EV charging infrastructure. Includes EV Readiness Checklist and EV Readiness Decision Guide for Local Jurisdictions (developed by Green Ways 2Go).
US DOE Clean Cities
- Alternative Fuel Corridor Readiness Study, developed by Green Ways 2Go for the US DOE’s for Chicago Area Clean Cities: define criteria for siting alternative fuel stations along Illinois main corridors. Based on feedback from listening sessions and research, the focus became siting readiness and requirements of EV charging stations, including intra-urban, intra-urban and rural locations.